Home‎ > ‎

History

The Memorial Hall was built in 1920 as a living memorial to all those who died in the First World War and was a gift of Sir Harry Malet to the Newton Tony residents.

In 1926 Sir Harry sold Wilbury Park to Lt. Col. Despencer-Robertson, this sale included the hall and the grounds. After his death in 1943, Lt. Col. Despencer-Robertson’s sister gave the village legal ownership of the hall, in her brother’s memory.

During the following years the Hall was run by various types of committee until in 1974 the current ‘Memorial Hall Management Committee’ was legally established.